New Jersey home with home insurance coverage

Get a Quote

Home Insurance Coverages

Home Insurance

Homeowners insurance is not required in New Jersey, but most people want insurance. If you owe on your home, the lender or mortgage holder will require you to have some insurance. The Kindle Insurance Agency can help you get the right coverage for your home in New Jersey.

Your home is most likely the biggest investment you will ever make, so you want to protect that investment. Basic homeowner’s insurance covers the structure itself, and may not cover anything else. This protects you if there is a fire or other damage to your home. Flood and hurricane insurance are different policies.

You will need to get additional coverage for the contents of your home, and for liability in New Jersey. You will need liability coverage that will cover you if someone is injured on your property. The contents also need to be insured. You will need to have a list of your possessions, so it is a good idea to keep an inventory. You don't have to have the list to get the insurance, but you will need it if you file a claim.

Things like buildings outside the main house on your property may also need to be insured. RVs can also come under homeowner’s insurance.

When getting insurance, it is good to also understand the difference between replacement value and market value. If your policy says you are covered for market value, you will get the current market value of what was lost. If you have "replacement cost" you will get the cost of replacing the item. If you have a 20-year-old couch that cost $1,000 20 years ago and has current market value coverage, you will get far less than what you paid.

Visit the Kindle Insurance Agency for all your home insurance needs. You may visit in person, or give us a call, and we can make sure you have the best insurance for your situation.